Saudi Data and AI Authority (SDAIA) unveil the “National Strategy for Data and AI” which involves the following key initiatives:
- National Information Center (NIC), national data bank, hosting all government data, and acting as the main government insights provider
- National Data Management Office (NDMO), manages national data as a digital asset and is responsible for the development of standards, policies, and regulations as well as driving compliance
- National Center for Artificial Intelligence (NCAI) drive AI strategy execution, orchestrate AI research focused on innovations in the field of Data & AI
- Two research institutes were established: Thakaa (AI Center of Advanced Studies) and Data Analytics and AI Center by KACST
- Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT) to introduce training programs focused on machine learning to be infused into the Ministry of Education (MoE) curricula [strategy’s website]STC and NVIDIA to build “AI and Deep Learning Cloud Infrastructure” in Saudi Arabia by acquiring and NVIDIA DGX AI supercomputer, also, STC will be the first regional telecom to join NVIDIA Partner Network (NPN).Saudi Data and AI Authority (SDAIA) announces 3 strategic partnerships with Alibaba Cloud focused on smart cities, IBM to focus on AI research, solutions development and education with the National Center for Artificial Intelligence (NCAI), Huwaei to focus on improving AI for Arabic language analysis and solutions.
Get our updates to your inbox